THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, December 13, 2008

PC Fair extravaganza

13th december 2008

today seemed uneventful. but it wasn't to say the least. it of course started with me oversleeping and missin my internship thing with SASA this morning. well, what's a week without a little overslept accident. so when vik called and told me it sucked and that it was good i didn't come, i was actually thankful for my pig like sleeping tendencies.

So as it was the morning flew by without any further incidents. then at 5 my mom and bro wanted to go to the PC Fair in KL. well dat was a brilliant plan except they got the locations mixed up, and we ended up in PWTC when the fair was in KL Convention Center. dat was hilarious since my mom doesn't really know her way around KL and every time we took a wrong turn we had to go back all the way to PJ and find our way back again. It was kinda like playing a video game and having to revisit the same check point every time you lose a life.

well we managed to get there at long last and the place was crowded as i expected. and well, if i told you what we bought, u would die. so let me tell you...

1. a iTouch pouch (RM45) - cos my iTouch was getting scratched beyond recognition
2. Dell ink refill(RM35) - it was actually lexmark. the fella claims it should work for Dell, my mom will kill him if it doesn't
3. A cooling fan for my laptop (RM8) - seems like a bargain, i know but only time will tell
4. A whole new CPU and Plasma screen monitor with gaming card and wat not (RM2K ++) - for my bro
5. Gaming laser mouse G9 and keyboard G15(RM700) - for my bro cos he suddenly wants to be an avid gamer. nowadays, PSP, XBox and PS2 is not enough. we need computer games to be added to the list so that kids can be even more computer dependent.
6. Maxis Broadband (RM100) - now this was kinda dumb seeing as we have a perfectly good streamyx thing that is works fine, while the maxis thing PMSes like a bitch and doesn't connect properly. I think i might return this one. pending.

so that was it. i think we blew like god knows how many K in there. its stupid really but technology is supposed to make life easier but instead it bleeds a hole in our pocket.

but my one stellar achievement today was bargain. i always admired my mom cos she could bargain and get like a major discount for anythin. well today i kinda flaunted some of my genes and managed to get a RM200 reduction in the price of my bro's mouse and keyboard. it was my true moment of victory. who knew... i guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

0 comments: